Sunday 13 January 2013

Crusty Olive & Rosemary Bread

I meant to post this around Christmastime, but I couldn't for the life of me find my camera cord.  I was on the verge of buying a new one when it turned up in my sock drawer a few days ago.  To my friends, this sort of tomfoolery will come as no surprise.

So I got this awesome recipe over at Simply So Good for crusty bread that is actually the easiest recipe ever.  Flour, yeast, salt, water, DONE.  It was awesome. The only part that sucked was the 12-18 hours you have to wait for it to rise.  I just did it overnight and when I woke up, BAM, I was ready to roll (hey-o, unintentional pun).  My first time making bread and it turned out so well (granted, it's kind of hard to mess up with such easy ingredients).  So after my first run, I decided to try it again with some additional ingredients: olives & rosemary.  I had no idea how this was going to turn out, but I love olive bread and decided to give it a try.  Cut up some fresh rosemary, chop up some black olives (I LOVE that olive bars at the grocery are a thing now) and that was it.

After waiting the obligatory day for it to rise, I poured it out and rolled it up into a ball.  I think I over-rolled it because it lost its shape and got really, really sticky even though I really floured that puppy up.  Looks like I might have my first mishap.
One of these things does not look like the other.

Perfection from Simply So Good
Sad.
But, this story has a happy ending.  I took it out of the oven and LOOK AT THIS:
This beautiful little orb of dough looks so good...and you guys, yum.  This stuff is the bomb diggety.  The true test will be to see if it lasts until tomorrow. (Note: it did not).

VERDICT: Success

Til next time,
Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment